What makes a "Princess Suite" floor plan unique?
A Princess Suite usually refers to a secondary bedroom on the second floor with:
- Private bath room
- Expanded or walk in closet
- Slightly greater sq ft than other secondary bedrooms
- Special features, such as a built in seat or sitting area
Some home buyers use the princess suite as a guest bedroom, with all the same amenities.
What does a Princess Suite floor plan include?
Here are some examples of Princess Suite Floor Plans:
- The Garnell - Second Story Princess Suite
- The Letterham - Princess Suite and Guest Suite
- The Timbersedge - Princess Suite and Theater
- The Harwood - Princess Suite and Library
- The Parnell - Princess Suite with Window Seat
- The Longleaf - Princess Suite with Walk in Closet
See examples of special features, in these floor plan images:
Princess Suite Floor Plan Feature #1: Private Bathroom
The Avonstone Manor, copyright Garrell Associates, includes a princess suite on the second floor. This suite features:
- Private bath with corner soaking tub and separate tile shower
- Walk in closet
- Built in desk / storage area
Take a look inside this Princess Suite from a version of the Avonstone Manor built by Stanton Homes near Raleigh, North Carolina: Click here for a full gallery of this custom home.
Princess Suite Floor Plan Feature #2: Expanded Closet
The Graystone Park, copyright Frank Betz, features a second floor Princess Suite with expanded walk in closet. This closet rivals master bedroom storage space.
The Longleaf, home plan by Frank Betz, includes five bedrooms, four and a half baths, and a second story Princess Suite.
The Princess Suite also includes a walk in closet - in a more typical size - as well as private bathroom.
Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a Jack and Jill style bath.
Princess Suite Floor Plan Feature #3: Additional Sq Ft
Typical secondary or "kids" bedrooms are generally 12'x12' or 12x11' for a total of 132 to 144 sq ft.
The princess suite is 13'x13', not including the foyer-style entry and attached bath with separate toilet room and vanity area.
Princess Suite Floor Plan Feature #4: Bay Sitting Area
This Princess Suite - from The Kensington copyright Alan Mascord - centers around the bay sitting area.
Princess Suite Floor Plan Feature #5: Built in Bench
The Parnell, copyright Alan Mascord, features a princess suite with built-in window bench. This suite also includes:
- Private bathroom with tub/shower combination
- Extra long closet
How to Build a New Home in North Carolina:
Tell us what floor plan you'd like to build, and we'll show you what it costs to build in central North Carolina. We'll get down to details, including full price estimates for all the floor plan features - and selections - you love.
List of Princess Suite Floor Plans: