Making Your New Home Work Better
How to Change the Exterior of Your New Home
"The floorplan I like packs lots of usable space into less square footage.
But the exterior looks a little blah. Is there a way to keep the rooms the way they are, but change the exterior of the new home we plan to build in Raleigh?"
Buyers looking to economize are asking for smaller new homes in Raleigh, NC. But if you’re building a custom home, there’s no reason to give it a cheap-looking exterior.
Here are some ways that new home builders in NC dress up your new home without breaking the bank.
- Change the roof lines. Add a dormer. Steepen the roof’s pitch. Change the slope. The result can be dramatic.
- Add stone or brick accents. Just a touch of additional materials can make a big impact.
- Change the shape of the windows. A transom, or half round window, adds personality. Every window doesn't need to be expensive, but one centerpiece window can make a big difference.
- Change the location of the windows. This could also have the additional benefit of providing more space for furniture where you really want it.
- Add more windows, or remove some windows. Consider a family room that doubles as a sunroom. Eliminate additional cost by simply moving windows from one room to another.
- Change from a country look to a Craftsman look. Or convert a traditional exterior to a Farmhouse. You’ll have to see this on paper to realize how much it will change the way your new home looks.
New homes in Raleigh, NC vary widely in how they’re designed, so you’ll have to check with your new home builders in NC to find out exactly how much you can vary your plan.
Top local new home builders like Stanton Homes can tell you what your options are, just by looking at the plan you have in mind. They’ll sketch out some alternatives, at no cost, to show you how it will look.
And you won’t even have to buy the plans you have in mind for an initial evaluation – they can give you an idea from a computer screen printout or photocopy from a home plan book before you make any purchases.
If your new home builders in NC offer a free consultation like this, take advantage of the opportunity to consider all your options. When you’re ready to build, you’ll have the confidence that your new homes in Raleigh, NC will be more than just custom-built.
They’ll also be custom-designed – and you’ll have a hand in it.
More New Home Questions and Tips: