What Size New Home is Most Popular?
Are New Homes Getting Smaller?The headlines have told us that new homes are shrinking in size, and note that the average size new home is smaller. But an average is an interesting thing. Here are some scenarios that could cause an average to lower:
- Fewer "extra large" new homes are built, but no change is made in other size homes.
- Fewer "large" new homes are built, and more "small" new homes are built.
- The same amount of "large" new homes are built, but more "small" new homes are built.
- The size of every home built is reduced.
The U.S. Census Bureau breaks new homes built into a variety of different size "buckets". Let's see what's going on in homes in the 1800 to 2399 square foot size.
- There has been no change over the past 5 years in the percent of homes constructed in this category.
- From 1999 to 2005, 28-29% of new homes were 1800 to 2399 sq ft.
- From 2006 to 2010, 27% of new homes were 1800 to 2399 sq ft.
Keep in mind, new homes include townhomes, detached homes, and other single family homes. Find out more about what's happening in other home sizes below.
Raleigh New Homes - Most Popular Plans in the 1800 to 2399 Sq Ft Range
Check out some samples of new homes in this size range. See floor plans and interior and exterior details.
More New Home Size Trend Topics: