VA Specially Adapted Housing Approved Floor Plans
VA Specially Adapted Housing Builders in North Carolina
Looking for custom home floor plans that meet Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) requirements?
The Department of Veteran Affairs offers Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grants to veterans or servicemembers who meet qualification standards.
Home builders must follow very specific processes to meet SAH guidelines.
- Additional inspections throughout the process
- Submission of substantial documentation proving that the home will meet all requirements
Experts at Stanton Homes can create or customize any floor plan to meet your specially adapted needs - within the SAH guidelines. And we have the experience to make this process easy for you.
Check out some of our most recently built SAH approved homes:
This VA Specially Adapted Housing approved floor plan, a version of the Blackhawk, features:
- 1,793 square feet
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Gourmet kitchen with island, custom tile backsplash
-TWO tile bathrooms with roll-in, fully accessible shower
- Accessible master suite with custom tile bathroom
- Kitchen open to great room
- Rear screen porch
Click on the floor plan image to request a full flyer and cost estimate for this Specially Adapted Housing approved home plan.
Specially Adapted Housing approved floor plan with Mother-in-Law suite
The Dugan is our most popular VA Specially Adapted Housing approved floor plan. This version of the fully accessible Dugan features:
- 3,184 square feet
- 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms
- Entire 2nd floor MIL Suite
- Roll-in master shower
- Roll-under vanity
- Huge master closet with center island cabinet designed for wheelchair maneuverability
- Accessible kitchen with roll-under sink, lower cabinet microwave
What does the Dugan cost to build? Click on the floor plan image to find out.
One story SAH floor plan
Another favorite VA Specially Adapted Housing approved floor plan is the Ellsworth. This version features:
- 2,904 square feet
- 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms
- One story living
- Accessible Master Bath with roll-under vanity
- Roll-in shower in Master Bath
- Kitchen available as fully or partially accessible
- Formal dining with butler’s pantry
Get full size images of this floor plan, and a complete cost estimate (no surprises - includes every detail you need to build). Click on the Ellsworth image.
Specially Adapted Custom Home Design
This last VA Specially Adapted Housing approved floor plan, a version of the Paige, features:
- 2,185 square feet
- 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms
- Optional basement
- Wheelchair accessible master bedroom, with roll-in tile shower, roll-under vanity
- Large island kitchen with built-in desk
What does it cost to build a VA SAH custom home? Click on the Paige floor plan image or ask us here.
What are some other VA SAH floor plan requirements?
- The floor plan must be designed to be medically feasible for the veteran or servicemember to reside in the home.
- The floor plan must be adapted to the veteran or servicemember's needs.
Stanton Homes provides custom alterations and designs that adhere to these types of rigid federal regulations. And in-house design work is included, at not extra cost to our homebuyers. Read more about SAH requirements here.
Find out if you qualify for the "Stanton Homes® for Heroes" custom home discount for veterans and service members.
For more information on barrier-free living through the SAH Grant Program, contact us or your VA regional office in central North Carolina.