The Builder Brothers Duke it Out:
Which Raleigh floor plan modification do you like best? Below are two versions of a Frank Betz floor plan called The Templewood with proposed red line modifications from Andrew and Phil, the Stanton Homes Builder Brothers.
The Builder Brothers each took the same floor plan, sat down with a red pen like they do when they design build, and got creative. Here's the results. Which layout speaks more to your sense of home?
The Draw Off - Which One Do you Like Best?
Design Build Floor Plan Modifications - Version A of The Templewood
Adding a guest suite, mudroom, and storage:
Andrew: "Overall, this is a great floor plan. I have just a few modifications that could make it even more appealing, though. A first floor office is great, but why not make that office even more flexible, as a guest suite with direct access to a full bath?"
- Move Walk In Pantry under Staircase
- Enlarge the Laundry Room to make a combination Laundry/Mudroom
- Shift door to Garage to inside the enlarged Mudroom/Laundry Room
- Rearrange the Office to offer further flexibility as a Guest Suite, this increases your future resale value too!
Design Build Floor Plan Modifications - Version B of The Templewood
Re-arranging the master bathroom and adding built-ins and storage:
Phil: "There's so much I love about this plan. The front porch is oversized and has a lot of curb appeal. The kitchen has an awesome "L" shaped layout and a very usable island. But I'd make some changes in the Master Suite, based on conversations with the client's I'm working with about "must haves" for a modern master bath."
- Expand Master Shower
- Split to "His and Hers" Separate Vanities
- Shorten the hallway to the Master Suite, and add a nice Art Niche in the hallway. Use the extra hallway space to make the "Hers" closet even larger
- And of course, add a Signature Trey Ceiling in the Dining Room
The Builder Brothers have incorporated some of the most common change requests for design build new homes in central North Carolina:
- Adding (or enlarging) a mudroom off the garage entrance
- Changing an Office into a first floor Guest Suite (or vice versa)
- Adding details like trey ceilings, art niches / built-ins, larger walk in closets
- Separating the his and her vanities, adding a shower bench in the master bath
- Making spaces more efficient (and cost effective)
Which of the two versions do you prefer: A, B, or a combination of the two? Vote here!
The Builder Brothers love to design and build creatively. Bring us your floor plan, or your ideas, and we'll build a home you'll love forever.
About the Builder Brothers:
Builder Brothers Phil and Andrew are just part of the team at Stanton Homes, surrounding you with expertise while building stunning custom homes. A little friendly competition is reflected in the details of the extraordinary homes they create. They're all-around nice guys with a lot of smarts, really great ideas, and rare integrity. You'll learn a lot about how to build beautiful homes from the Builder Brothers.