It's tough to find a floor plan that hits everything on the wish list! We're highlighting some designs that have done a great job making everything work, without unnecessarily supersizing your new home. The "Poplar Place" is a Frank Betz home plan with 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom floor plan with just over 2,500 sq ft of heated living space (the two car garage can be designed as front entry or side entry).
Popular Floor Plan Features:
The Poplar Place includes many of the most requested floor plan features in a Raleigh new home, including:
- An open, spacious Kitchen with a large island and seating
- A first floor Pocket Office in addition to the first floor Guest Room
- An oversized first floor Guest Bedroom with walk in closet, in place of the smaller bedroom with standard size closet
- A drop zone and Mudroom, instead of a garage door that opens straight into the Dining area
- His and hers closets with separate access
- Separated his and hers vanities
- More flexibility on the second floor: Bedroom 3 can also be converted into a very large open Loft or enclosed Game Room
- Attic storage on the second floor
Poplar Place Second Floor Plan copyright Frank Betz, Inc.
How to Modify this Custom Home Floor Plan:
When working with an experienced custom home builder, here are a few examples of custom modifications that can be made to the Poplar Place:
Floor Plan Modification #1: Delete the Jack and Jill Bath Portion of "Bedroom 2"
Removing a portion of the Jack and Jill bath allows you to extend the Laundry Room and include a long Folding Counter or other built-in storage options. The bath is still extremely workable for multiple children with the tub/shower split and the dual vanity option.
Floor Plan Modification #2: Add a Loft
The layout of this Raleigh floor plan allows you to convert either Bedroom 3 or Bedroom 4 to an Open Loft, unless five bedrooms are desired.
Floor Plan Modification #3: Add a Walk Up Third Floor
Based on the existing layout, a custom home builder can move the entrace to Bedroom 4 and wrap the staircase into a third floor to create additional, cost-effective square footage. The roofline will be modified with this version.
Custom Home Builders in North Carolina:
We’d love to talk with you about your lifestyle, budget and preferences you have in mind for your North Carolina custom home.
We will work with you to find, modify, or design the perfect plan - with custom touches like these red-line updates in the Poplar Place floor plan. Contact Stanton Homes to get started on the new home building process.