Home Building Trends in the Triangle Parade of Homes 2016:
What's inside Parade Homes can be a great indicator of wider home building trends.
What's the ideal way to get seating and storage in the kitchen? We've analyzed the data, and here's what we found:
What's Going on with New Home Kitchens in Chatham County? Types of Kitchen Layouts and Pantry Storage
Island Kitchens with seating for 3 to 4 were the most popular floor plan layout selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Chatham County.
1. Islands Without Seating - 3% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 1 of 30 Chatham County Parade of Homes entries had an island without seating.
2. Small Islands with Seating for Two - 7% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 2 of 30 entries had a small island with seating for two.
3. Islands with Seating for 3-4 - 57% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 17 of 30 homes had today's most popularly requested island, a mid-size island with seating for 3-4
4. Islands with Seating for 5 or more - 30% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 9 of 30 homes had an oversized island, with room to seat 5 or more.
5. No Island, Peninsula with Seating - 3% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 1 of 30 entries did not have an island, but did have peninsula seating.
6. Dual Islands - 0% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- No entries had two islands.
- 5 of 30 entries (17%) included a separate Butler's Pantry, usually between the dining room and kitchen
- A Butler's Pantry usually includes one base and one upper cabinet, though it can include more cabinetry, glass front cabinets, or even a prep sink or wine refrigerator, pending the budget of the home and the priorities of the homeowner.
Walk In Pantries
- 20 of 30 entries, (67%) included a Walk In Pantry
- Walk In Pantries are very helpful for expanding your kitchen storage area, but not all layouts can accommodate the additional square footage needed, or the traffic flow required. A longer pantry, or back-up storage near the kitchen, can help with storage needs.
What does this mean for homebuyers in Chatham County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What kind of floor plan are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Chatham County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Chatham County in the Briar Chapel, Chapel Ridge, Chapel Ridge Estates, Dunhill, Fieldston, The Hamptons, Harrison Pond, Henderson Place at Fearrington, Horizon, Legacy at Jordan Lake, Parks at Meadowview, Piazza at Stonewater, Vistas at Chapel Ridge, Westfall, Westfall Pines, Windfall, and Woods at Wilkerson Creek new home communities.