North Carolina Parade of Homes 2016 Trends:
What's the best place to put the laundry room? Which floor is better for the laundry?
The Chatham Orange Durham County Parade of Homes can be a great trend indicator of the demand for the number of cars for the garage. We've analyzed the 2016 Tour data, and here's what we found:
What's new with homes in custom home neighborhoods in Chatham? Laundry room on the first versus second floor
First level laundry rooms were the most popular location selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Chatham County.
1. Laundry Room in the First Floor - 73% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 22 of 30 homes have the laundry room on the first floor.
- This includes all one story homes, all main floor master homes, and some two story homes.
2. Laundry Room on the Second Floor - 27% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- 8 of 30 homes have the laundry on the second floor.
- When all the bedrooms are upstairs, it can be more convenient to keep the laundry facilities closer to the bedrooms for ease of use.
3. Two Laundry Rooms - 0% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- No homes in this year's Chatham County entries have two laundry rooms.
- Two laundry rooms, or a laundry room and a laundry closet, are more common in Dual Master or Multi-Generation floor plans.
What should you look for in a laundry room? These are some things to keep in mind - and important questions to ask when comparing new home builders:
- Types of storage: how many cabinets are "standard" in the size laundry room you want? Does the builder offer cabinets or "shelving" which can mean open shelving with no door?
- Counter tops: are counter tops included? If so, how many feet fit in the space you'd like to have?
- Flooring: do you want tile or a special flooring for your laundry?
- Windows: does the laundry room location allow for a window? If not, can your custom home builder re-arrange a few things in the floor plan to give you a window in the laundry?
What does this mean for homebuyers in Chatham County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What type, size, and location for the laundry room are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
Learn more about building a new home with Stanton Homes!
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Chatham County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Chatham County in the Briar Chapel, Chapel Ridge, Chapel Ridge Estates, Dunhill, Fieldston, The Hamptons, Harrison Pond, Henderson Place at Fearrington, Horizon, Legacy at Jordan Lake, Parks at Meadowview, Piazza at Stonewater, Vistas at Chapel Ridge, Westfall, Westfall Pines, Windfall, and Woods at Wilkerson Creek new home communities.