Triangle Parade of Homes 2016 Trends:
The Triangle Parade of Homes can be a great trend indicator. New home and custom home builders build homes that represent what their homebuyers are asking for this year.
So what's the latest trend for one story, two story, and main floor master layouts? We've analyzed the data, and here's what we found:
What's Going on with New Homes in Chatham County? Types of Floor Plans
Main Floor Master homes were the most popular floor plan layout selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Chatham County.
1. One Story Homes - 17% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- Out of 30 Chatham County Parade of Homes entries, 3 were one story floor plans.
- Two of the plans had a second floor "bonus" or storage area, one did not.
- Unfortunately, two of the three entries were unable to be completed by their builder, and are unavailable for viewing.
2. Main Floor Masters - 57% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- Of the 30 entries, 17 homes had a first floor master layout.
- First floor masters can provide the best of both worlds, especially if there is also a first floor guest bedroom. The footprint stays smaller and more affordable and the facade can be more interesting with the additional height to accomodate a few bedrooms and a bonus area on the second floor.
3. Two Story Homes - 33% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- Ten homes featured in the Parade of Homes 2016 in Chatham County had the master bedroom on the second floor.
- Not only are two story homes more cost effective to build, but many parents of young children prefer to be close to the children's bedrooms. A second story master can also offer a greater feeling of privacy and even a better view.
What does this mean for homebuyers in Chatham County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What kind of floor plan are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Chatham County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Chatham County in the Briar Chapel, Chapel Ridge, Chapel Ridge Estates, Dunhill, Fieldston, The Hamptons, Harrison Pond, Henderson Place at Fearrington, Horizon, Legacy at Jordan Lake, Parks at Meadowview, Piazza at Stonewater, Vistas at Chapel Ridge, Westfall, Westfall Pines, Windfall, and Woods at Wilkerson Creek new home communities.