2016 Parade of Homes Trends from Chatham County Home Builders:The Triangle Parade of Homes can be a great indicator for how master bedrooms are trending in design. New home and custom home builders in Chatham County entered homes into the Triangle Parade of Homes that represent what their homebuyers are asking for. So what's the latest trend for master suite layouts?
We've analyzed the data, and here's what we found:
What's Going on with Chatham County Home Builders? Master sitting rooms, closets, and fireplaces
Main Floor Master homes were the most popular floor plan layout selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Chatham County. How popular are Sitting Rooms in the Master Suite? Walk in his and hers closets? How about a second fireplace in the master bedroom?
1. Sitting Rooms in the Master Suite - 10% of Parade of Homes Entries by Chatham County Home Builders3 of 30 enteries by Chatham County Home Builders included a sitting room in the master suite.
- A Sitting Room in the Master Suite can offer a private get-away space for the owners, which can be especially nice in a multi-gen living arrangement.
- But for many homeowners, especially those on different sleep schedules, they'd rather allocate the additional square footage to a fully separate home office.
2. His and Hers Closets - 27% of Parade of Homes Entries by Chatham County Home Builders
- 8 of 30 entries, or 27%, offered either two entirely separate closets, or a large closet that has been physically divided into two separate spaces with a wing wall or other framing.
- Chatham County custom home builders can work with the original layout of a plan to convert into two separate closet areas, if desired.
3. Fireplace in the Master Suite - 0% of Parade of Homes Entries by Chatham County Home Builders
- Fireplaces in the master bedroom were not noted on the floor plan for any Chatham County new home submitted as an entry in the Parade of Homes.
- North Carolina's balmy climate encourages requests for additional natural light!
What does this mean for homebuyers in Chatham County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What kind of master suite floor plan are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Chatham County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Chatham County in the Briar Chapel, Chapel Ridge, Chapel Ridge Estates, Dunhill, Fieldston, The Hamptons, Harrison Pond, Henderson Place at Fearrington, Horizon, Legacy at Jordan Lake, Parks at Meadowview, Piazza at Stonewater, Vistas at Chapel Ridge, Westfall, Westfall Pines, Windfall, and Woods at Wilkerson Creek new home communities.