Professional Builder Magazine honors fourth award to Stanton Homes for "Top 40 Under 40" distinction - the most leadership recognitions in this category of any builder in the nation
Andrew Travars, 29, is one of the youngest Builder/Project Managers to receive this prestigious honor from the home building industry's leading publication
Andrew is on the right. His brother Phil, left, was recognized as a "Top 40 Under 40" in the nation last year. Two other Stanton Homes team members were chosen within the 3 previous years.
Andrew Travars' extraordinary leadership, design/build craftsmanship and dedication to excellence has resulted his distinction as one of the nation's top professionals in the home building industry.
Andrew is the fourth team member at Stanton Homes to earn this prestigious honor over the past five years, further reaffirming the unprecedented excellence of this exceptional North Carolina custom home builder.
What made Andrew stand out among nationwide nominees? See what it's like to work with Andrew, and the rest of the award winning team at Stanton Homes:
Top Builders 40 under 40:
Andrew takes a full immersion approach to creating extraordinary new homes:
- Project management of totally custom one-of-a-kind homes.
- Design/build from scratch or with extensive modifications.
- Working directly with clients, to integrate their "forever home" vision.
1. What is Design/Build?
What makes working with one of the nation's top custom home builders different than a "semi-custom" or production builder?
The phenomenal skillsets and dedication of people like Andrew, who as a top Builder/Project Manager at Stanton Homes has the ability to sketch a floor plan in a single sitting, while talking through the complexities of home building from an engineering perspective.
Here's an example of a floor plan Andrew designed and built in Chatham County, NC that's functional and cost effective - as well as beautiful.
This beautiful Modern Farmhouse with touches of Arts and Crafts is one of the most popular architectural styles in today's trends, with all the latest must-have features for Raleigh new homes -
- Open concept layout with the kitchen open to the family room
- Custom wrap-around staircase, with a secret passageway for kids!
- Pocket office on the first floor
- Downstairs bedroom for guests
You can tour this incredible custom home in person at a special one day event. Come meet Andrew, and the rest of the award winning team at Stanton Homes, Saturday, January 28th, 1-3 pm. See everything inside this home, from built-in bookcases, drop zone, cubbies and desks to its spacious modern farmhouse kitchen design.
2. How to Build a Custom Home
Andrew's approach to design/build is founded on knowledge - both in what he is able to create, as well as what he is able to provide. Here are a couple of "Builder Brother" blogs, where Andrew and Phil provide helpful tips about how to build a custom home in North Carolina:
- Exposed Beam Ceilings - with styles found in Raleigh new homes
- Floor plan draw off: how to modify a downstairs master floor plan
Andrew is also a certified Aging in Place Specialist – an important contributor to why Stanton Homes is a leading custom builder of aging-in-place, accessible and multi-gen coustom homes.
3. TeamworkCreative teamwork is one of the most frequent observations made by our clients about working with Andrew - take a look at the glowing reviews here to see more about the team approach at Stanton Homes, which played a huge role in Andrew's leadership award as a top builder in the nation.
Andrew and Andrea formed the "A Team" many years ago, as two designers bantering Chip and Joanna Gains style. Their on-site "debates" and different approaches to creating special spaces contribute to the excellence of the finished product.
The award winning Bryson home was created with "A Team" collaboration:
Andrew and Andrea surprised the homebuyers with "Putter's Place" - a dog house with a dog shower that has little puppy paw prints - which has won multiple awards for its creativity and practicality. And a great example of how Andrew and the rest of the team at Stanton Homes believe in creating custom homes to fit the lifestyles of homebuyers.
4. Extra-curricular Activities
Andrew's creative approach to design continues "off the clock" as his pursuit of challenges centers on other projects to design and build.
The local television station broadcast a clip of Andrew pedaling his hand-made "go-cart bike" in the "Tour de Fat" in Durham, NC:
Andrew teamed up with his brothers to create a boat inspired by Orca from Jaws - a winner at the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s "Build Your Own Boat Competition":
About the Top 40 Under 40 Award:
- Professional Builder is the home building industry's leading national publication. Each year its "Top 40 under 40" competition seeks to award the most accomplished builders across the nation with this prestigious leadership recognition.
- A panel of Professional Builder editors selected the winners, based on personal and professional accomplishments
- Decisions were made based on leadership skills, sustained career progress, personal integrity, technical skills, community outreach, dedication and involvement in the home building industry
About Stanton Homes:
Stanton Homes has been design/building high quality, one-of-a-kind custom homes in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area since 2006.
The award winning team works closely with clients throughout the custom home build, with personal interaction with your builder, project manager, designer, production manager, coordinator, and sales consultant.
When homebuyers build your custom Stanton Home, they become part of the team, with:
- Project Manager meetings site with at least six detailed, extensive walk throughs over the course of the build.
- Interior Designer sessions at expansive showrooms.
- 24/7 access to everything happening in your home, through a personal online portal that connects clients and the build team with everything that’s happening – and what’s next - with photos and updates along with extended warranties and guarantees.
Every home we build is filled with the personality of our homebuyers, with flexibility of choice and experts to help guide your decisions. Take a look at some of the Real Homes for Real People we’ve created together.