What is a Cape Cod Style House Plan?
Cape Cod Homes in Raleigh
The term "Cape Cod" originates from home designs in the city of Cape Cod, Massachusetts - and the modern Cape Cod home pulls elements from traditional colonial New England homes.
What gives a North Carolina home Cape Cod style?
A Cape Cod style house plan is defined by:
- 1.5 stories (with the second story left unfinished in some cases for future expansion)
- Main floor master bedroom
- Additional bedrooms located on the second story. Cape Cod homes can have a large number of bedrooms for a given square footage.
- Symmetrical, "clean" exterior facade (number and placement of windows on each side of the front door) and little ornamentation
- Similarly symmetrical interior with a "center hall layout" and rooms to the sides
- Exterior made of real (or simulated) wood shingles or clapboard siding
- Traditional Cape Cod homes have a central chimney, steep piched roof, and end gables.
No two Stanton Homes are alike - and our homebuyers get ideas from dozens of different home styles.
Each custom home is a result of combining our vision and the ideas of our homebuyers with the expertise of our in-house design team. Our in-house design work comes included in our custom home packages, at no extra cost to our homebuyers.