Triangle Parade of Homes 2016 Trends in the Chapel Hill Area:
The Triangle Parade of Homes can give home buyers a sample of what's trending in new homes and custom homes this year.
So what's the latest trend for one story, two story, and main floor master layouts? We've analyzed the data, and here's what we found:
New Homes from Chapel Hill Area New Home Builders
Main Floor Master homes were the most popular floor plan layout selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Orange County.
1. One Story New Homes - Chapel Hill Area New Home Builders - 0%
- Zero one story homes were submitted in this year's Parade of Homes by Chapel Hill and Hillsborough area new home builders.
- One story homes are more expensive to build per square foot. A main floor master with a first floor guest suite can be a more cost effective alternative for many new home buyers.
2. Main Floor Master New Homes - Chapel Hill Area New Home Builders - 64%
- Nine of 14 entries, or 64%, of new homes entered in the Parade of Homes in Orange County were Main Floor Master floor plans.
- Main floor masters remain very popular with homebuyers, especially those with older children, or empty nesters looking for ease of use and fewer steps.
3. Two Story Home New Homes - Chapel Hill Area New Home Builders - 36%
- Five of 14 entries, or 36%, of new homes built in Orange County and submitted to the Parade of Homes were two story homes. Four of these are single family homes, and one is an attached home.
Orange County new and custom home builders submitted fourteen entries in Orange County in the Durham Orange Chatham Parade of Homes 2016, out of 65 total entries. Seven of these new homes are in Hillsborough, five in Chapel Hill, one in Durham (Orange County address), and one in Mebane.
What does this mean for homebuyers in Orange County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What kind of floor plan are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
Orange County didn't have any one story homes entered in the Parade of Homes, but Chatham County did. Find out more, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Orange County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Orange County in Ashbury Green, Claremont South, Dunhill, Enclave on Jones Ferry, Forest Ridge, Fox Hill Farm, The Orchard, Pleasant Green Farms, Waterstone, Waterstone Terraces new home communities.