Apex NC New Home Design Tips
Stained Glass Entry Door Photo Gallery
An elegant glass entry door can make a welcoming statement, as the focal point on a well designed entrance to your Apex NC custom home.
Here are six popular entry door designs – with some tips on how to choose a glass design with the configuration, shape and size that will look exactly right on your new front door.
Glass Entry Door Photo #1: Classic with Full View
This Apex new home front door style contains classic features such as a full-length glass design, two side transoms, and an upper transom.
This glass door is specially designed to provide a classic blend of natural light and privacy.
It also added dimension:
The custom home designer extended the palate of color in the glass door's leaf design by coordinating it with shades of purple and grey in nearby craftsman style stone columns.
Glass Front Door Photo #2: Rustic old world 3/4 view
The Apex NC area custom home entry door pictured to the left blends an "old world" style with modern appeal:
- External grille with wrought-iron encasement that swings open for easy window cleaning
- Strategically selected "aged bronze" door hardware
- "Cherrywood" stained wood door and sidelights frame that's designer-matched to decorative shingles and stone accents
- Rustic lantern style porch light that spotlights the bold entrance and it's colorful influence
- 3/4 view low-E textured glass that saves energy and adds a feeling of safety and security
For an even more dramatic statement, consider adding second sidelights for a wider foyer entrance.
Glass Entry Door Photo #3: Mixing styles and sizes
This glass front door - pictured from a version of the Country Manor - takes advantage of the view, while adding artistry to the home's custom-drawn symetrical design.
This entry door style includes full length side transoms, an upper transom, and a 3/4 center transom with arched top.
The center arched piece was chosen to mirror arched stone porch and arched windows on each side.
Glass Entry Door Photo #4: Classic 1/2 view
The Apex NC custom home front door pictured to the right has a huge impact on the entry way, with two sidelights and an upper rectangular transom.
The squared-off door frame intentionally contrasts against the two story barrel vault in this custom home foyer.
The 1/2-view door incorporates several glass design and cutting techniques.
- Glue chip glass composes the bulk of the window area.
- Each of the darker border areas pictured in this door are composed of an Alabaster glass style, to add character.
Glass Front Door Photo #5: Oval glass accent
The custom home front door pictured to the left features a specialty 3/4 oval view and two sidelightes with the simplicity of standard glass.
The impact of this front glass door becomes more dramatic when installed adjacent to first floor office French doors, as pictured here. The secondary doors were chosen to reflect the classic glass design in the front door sidelights, and extend a feeling of openness.
Glass Entry Door Photo #6: Window style
A contemporary custom home can also benefit from a glass front door, like the example here.
Look at the way the front door influences the design of the entire home, through replication of its straight lines and light colors in the picture window above, the built-in bookcase in the adjoining room, the balusters in the overlook, and the chair rail and wainscoting beyond. Dramatic!
The entry door can set the tone for the entire home’s personality. Here are some things to keep in mind, when you make your choices:
- If you go with glass, make sure the bevel and design coordinate with the patterns of your surrounding walls, fabrics and furniture.
- You can match your exterior and interior design through a dual color scheme.
Stain or paint the exterior side of a door a different color than the interior side. A brighter, bolder statement can be made on the outside, while maintaining cool tones in the foyer.
- How many windows are near the door? You’ll want the shapes and styles to blend.
- What materials does the door come in? Some products cannot be stained.
- Do glass doors hamper privacy? Textured glass doors come in a "glass privacy range" - with more or less opacity.
Verify that the door you choose has the the right amount of opacity for your level of comfort.
At Stanton Homes, we make home design – including all your entrance options - EASY. We'll work with you to create the style you’re looking for – as part of your Apex NC area new home package.