New Homes with Jack and Jill Baths
Sample Floor Plans with a Jack and Jill bathroom
A "Jack and Jill" bathroom has two entrances, with direct access from two bedrooms. Both bathroom doors usually lock on both sides of the door to maintain privacy.
Here's an image of this Jack and Jill bath floor plan, to give you a better sense of the unique layout designed for a shared kid's bath:
A "Buddy Bath" is similar to a Jack and Jill bath. A buddy bath also has two entrances, but one is usually located in a central hallway:
Benefits of a Jack and Jill bathroom setup:
- Private access to a bathroom without having to enter a hallway/public space
- Cost-saving alternative to a completely private bathroom attached to individual bedrooms
Drawbacks of a Jack and Jill bathroom setup:
- Having two doors with dual locks means you have to remember to lock and unlock BOTH doors each time you use the bathroom
- A Jack and Jill bath isn't always accessible from the hallway (just from the bedrooms) which can be a drawback for guests staying in another room, unless there's another full bath available.
Jack and Jill Bath Photos: Design Ideas for Jack & Jill Layouts
Jack and Jill Bath Design Idea #1: Most Jack and Jill baths will include two sinks, as they are designed as shared spaces. This bath layout is very efficient, saving space with two sinks and set of drawers (in addition to the under sink storage).
Here's an image of this Jack and Jill bath floor plan, from a version of The Hopkins by Frank Betz:
Jack and Jill Bath Design Idea #2: Depending on the length (and number) of countertops, Jack and Jill baths can often include a separate storage closet or cabinets. Here's an example of a built in linen closet in the bath:
Here's an image of this Jack and Jill bath floor plan, from a version of The Summerlyn by Frank Betz:
Other Secondary Bathroom Set Up Ideas
Some floor plans include a Jack and Jill bath or buddy bath with two rooms, separated by an interior door.
- The exterior room contains the bathroom sink and storage (closet or shelving), and the interior room contains the toilet, tub, and/or shower.
- The interior room may contain a second sink with vanity/storage.
Buddy Bath Design Idea #1:
Here's an image of this Buddy bath floor plan, to give you a better sense of the two separate spaces:
With this type of bathroom design, two people can use the same bathroom for separate functions at the same time - perfect for kids sharing a bathroom in the mornings before school!
Buddy Bath Design Idea #2: Single sink, long vanity
A single sink can make the most sense inside a single-room buddy bath.
Here's an image of this Buddy bath floor plan, to give you a better sense of the door locations:
More House Plans with a Jack and Jill bath
Floor plans for popular Jack and Jill bath and buddy bath designs. Click the floor plan images to see photos inside each of these Raleigh custom homes built by Stanton Homes:
- The Kelley: Jack and Jill bath with dual entrance to the first vanity room, and secondary interior door to the toilet/bath/shower.
- The Dugan: Buddy bath with a popular layout for a guest suite or multigenerational house plan
- New Home Floor Plans for Raleigh NC
- How to Build On Your Lot in Raleigh NC
- New Home Communities and Lots in Raleigh
- Accessible Homes in Raleigh NC
- Raleigh New Home Photo Galleries