Top 5 master suite layouts
Looking for master suite layout ideas? Our top 5 master suite designs for new homes are packed with unique details, cool architecture, and one-of-a-kind custom designs. You'll find several themes throughout these master suite layouts, with favorite features such as:
- Open floor plan designs with space to spread out and relax
- Elegant sitting rooms with angled walls and arched windows
- Separate closets and vanities that maximize the his-and-hers style
- Oversized soaking tubs, especially those with a romantic, tucked-away feeling
Master Suite Layout #1 - The Dugan
This version of the Dugan floor plan features a first floor master suite with second floor mother-in-law suite.
The master suite, located just off the foyer, is fully accessible with:
- Wheelchair accessible shower with bench
- Roll-under second vanity
- Expanded walk in closet with accessible center storage cabinet
- Walk in Closet is located on the opposite side of the bath.
The Dugan is copyright Stanton Homes.
Master Suite Layout #2 - Summerlyn
The Summerlyn floor plan includes a second floor master suite with sought-after features such as:
- Angled sitting room
- His-and-hers style closets and vanities
- Luxurious soaking tub alcove with specialty art niches
- Custom ceiling treatments - vaulted and trey designs
- Optional corner fireplace
The Summerlyn is copyright Frank Betz.
Master Suite Layout #3 - Lowery
The Lowery floor plan features a first floor master suite. The Lowery master suite layout was custom designed to include:
- Turret style sitting area
- Large bedroom area with multi-layer trey ceiling
- His-and-hers style walk in closets
- Garden tub with separate tile shower
- Vaulted bathroom with unique details, such as plant shelves
- Commode room tucked out of sight
The Lowery is copyright Stanton Homes.
Master Suite Layout #4 - Mastrosimone
The Mastrosimone is a first floor master suite floor plan.
This version of the Mastrosimone features a unique sitting room style - with half-walls dividing it from the master suite. Cut-out openings serve as art/plant shelves.
The his-and-hers walk in closets sit opposite each other, and lead into the master bath.
A centerpiece soaking tub pulls together the parallel design.
The Mastrosimone is copyright Planworx Architecture.
Master Suite Layout #5 - Penelope
All four bedrooms in the Penelope are located on the second floor.
The second floor master suite features:
- Large bedroom with vaulted, trey ceiling
- Separate his-and-hers closets and vanities
- Private corner alcove tub
- Tons of extra linen storage and built in shelving
The Penelope is copyright Stanton Homes.
These top 5 master suite designs highlight master suite trends:
- Open floor plans
- Elegant sitting rooms
- His-and-hers amenities
- Oversized soaking tubs (and showers)
Click to see more photos and video tours for these 2013 Master Suite Trends: