Homes with a Separate Mud Room and Drop Zone:
How many new homes include a separate mud room and drop zone storage? We've analyzed the new homes entered in the Parade, and here's what we found out about mudroom and storage trends in Apex NC New homes:
64% of Apex new homes included a mud room that's completely separate from the laundry room.
Here's the full breakdown on mud rooms and drop zones:
1. Separate Mud Room Floor Plan - 64% of Parade of Homes Entries by Apex Home Builders
- 9 of 14 or 64% of homes in Apex had a mud room separate from the laundry.
- A mud room usually includes multiple types of storage, usually for shoes, keys, bags, backpacks, and anything else you want to "drop" when you enter your home.
- Sometimes mud rooms can also include a sink for washing away dirt from kids and pets. You may even find a full size shower or dog shower in the mud room floor plan.
This Stanton Home has a separate mud room downstairs:
This photo shows a laundry room / mud room combination with a standing shower:
2. Drop Zone Storage - 71% of Parade of Homes Entries by Apex Home Builders
- 10 of 14 or 71% of homes in Apex homes had some type of drop zone storage system.
- A "drop zone" usually refers to built in storage cubbies, hooks, benches, and/or cabinets located in a room, hallway, or convenient space.
This photo is and example of a drop zone storage center from a Stanton Home near Apex NC:
3. No Drop Zone - 29% of Parade of Homes Entries by Apex Home Builders
- 4 of 14 or 29% of homes in Apex had no drop zone style storage center.
What does this mean for homebuyers in Apex NC?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what trends new home builders believe homebuyers are looking for today.
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
Learn more about building a new home with Stanton Homes!
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Wake County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Wake County in Arcadia West, Colvin Park,Enclave at White Oak Creek, Hempstead at Beaver Creek, Madison at Evans Creek, Regency at White Oak Creek, Riley's Pond, Siena at Bella Casa, Stillwater, The Pines at Wake Crossing, The Townes at Bella Casa, Verona at Bella Casa new home communities.