How to Get Organized
Five Top Rooms to Take Back With Custom Home Storage Solutions
Creating everything just the way you want it means more than a great floor plan for your new custom home. It also gives you the ability to tuck in all the storage space you need, with nooks, crannies, and depositories all over the house.
Here are the top five rooms homebuyers seek to take control of - from Great Rooms with built-in storage to Laundry Rooms with secret compartments.
How to Organize your Kitchen:
Kitchens can easily become packed to the brim - with appliances, food, school books, mail, and on and on - as the central gathering room of your home. Get tips on how to design a kitchen with enough storage to meet all your daily needs, below.
-Islands can add tons of storage - sometimes doubling the space in a kitchen. Open shelving units are an added bonus.
- Butler's pantry storage is immensely helpful, usually located just around the corner.
- This custom kitchen features a cabinet pantry (not a traditional walk-in closet pantry) - just to the right of the refrigerator. A cabinet pantry can disguise food storage, and you can tuck a secondary walk in pantry around the corner in the mudroom or hallway, for easy storage of additional appliances along with "Costco" size packages.
How to Organize your Bathroom:
- Tons of cabinetry storage below the double vanity is a must-have for home buyers in NC.
- Open shelving is an added bonus. In this master bathroom, the open shelving is designed for hand towels and toiletries.
- Consider adding an additional linen closet - your custom builder can work another closet into nearly any space.
How to Organize your Great Room:
- Built-in bookcases allow you to organize movies, books, and board games - leaving space for nick-knacks and holiday decor.
- Entertainment centers built in above the fireplace are very popular in North Carolina new homes. Decide ahead of time whether or not you'll have a flat screen tv above the fireplace. Your builder will need to include the appropriate outlets.
How to Organize your Office:
Need a professional home office? These features will keep you focused and efficient.
- Wrap-around storage cabinets can hold all your files.
- Bookcases with built-in electric outlets allow you to store all the materials you use on a daily basis, and include a charging station or fax machine too. Large windows can be added to alternate with bookcases and keep the room bright and friendly.
- You'll never run out of surface space with a wrap-around desk. The peninsula desk design provides a convenient co-worker or client meeting space.
How to Organize your Laundry Room:
Sometimes it feels like our chores are never done - especially the laundry.
Catch a break with these time-saving features:
- Full wall of open shelving.
- Hidden ironing boards - saves space, and you don't need to carry it around!
- Drop-in sink. Pre-wash delicates, and prevent mud and dirt from tacking through your home.
Find more ways to add storage solutions to your next home
Contact Stanton Homes for floor plan ideas, to get a new home cost estimate, or find out more about building a custom home in North Carolina.