The Year's Top 10 One Story Floorplans
Below is a list of our top 10 one story floor plans for 2013. From craftsman and country/farmhouse to traditional and European, the distinctive styles of these one story and ranch floorplans have captured the attention of home buyers.
The top 10 one story floorplans for 2013, detailed below, include sought-after features such as open floorplans, island kitchens, home offices, mudrooms, and much more. Don't see what you're looking for? Just ask - there are tens of thousands of possibilities!
One Story Floorplan #1 - The Pasadena (1608 sq ft)
The Pasadena is a craftsman style home with:
- Island kitchen
- Open floor plan with large great room
- Optional home office
A trending floor plan aspect present in the Pasadena is removing the master bathroom tub. In its place, the closet or shower is generally enlarged.
The Pasadena is Copyright Alan Mascord.
One Story Floorplan #2 - The Renville (2367 sq ft)
The Renville is a country/farmhouse floor plan - with a rocking chair front porch and courtyard style rear porch.
An optional butler's pantry is tucked beside the formal dining room.
A large mudroom/laundry room leads in from the garage.
The kitchen and great room are equipped for those who love to entertain.
The Renville is Copyright Alan Mascord.
One Story Floorplan #3 - The Cainsville (3390 sq ft)
The Cainsville is a spacious one story home, at almost 3,400 sq ft (including an optional second story bonus).
European and French country aspects define this home's facade.
Unique design aspects within the Cainsville include:
- Wrap-around kitchen design with endless counter space
- Huge, angled mudroom with two entrances, one from the three car garage and one from the exterior
- Private bathroom for each bedroom
- Spa style master bathroom
The Cainsville is Copyright Alan Mascord.
One Story Floorplan #4 - The Dugan (3184 sq ft)
The Dugan floor plan is designed as a fully wheelchair accessible, with an optional second floor mother in law suite. An elevator is optional.
Floor plan features include:
- Kitchen with angled island, open to great room and dining
- Tucked in front porch, attached screen room
- Oversized garage and tons of storage (walk in closets, pantry, attic)
The Dugan is Copyright Stanton Homes
One Story Floorplan #5 - The Devonshire (1828 sq ft)
One of the most popular design aspects present in the Devonshire is the angled kitchen island with serving bar and pass thru opening to the family room.
Another popular feature is the butler's pantry - tucked between the kitchen and formal dining room.
The Devonshire is Copyright Frank Betz Associates, Inc.
One Story Floorplan #6 - The Sabrina (2170 sq ft)
3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms
The Sabrina floor plan packs a lot of living into just over 2,000 sq ft.
This luxury country style home - with large wrap-around front porch and dormers - is complemented by a kitchen/breakfast room combination designed for family gatherings. Other popular features include:
- Vaulted family room with built in bookshelves
- Formal dining room with column entrance
- Tons of storage, including oversized walk in master closet
The Sabrina is Copyright Frank Betz Associates, Inc.
One Story Floorplan #7 - The Garrett (2650 sq ft)
The Garrett is a European style floor plan with:
- Two covered porches, one in the front and one off the nook
- Tons of specialty details, such as columned entrances
- Vaulted formal dining room and great room with a fireplace and media center
- Master suite with vaulted salon, spa style tub, access to the laundry room, and a walk-in closet
- Jack and Jill bathroom layout
The Garrett is Copyright Alan Mascord.
One Story Floorplan #8 - The Paige (2185 sq ft)
The Paige is a custom Stanton Home, designed for full wheelchair accessibility. Popular floor plan features within the Paige include:
- Island kitchen with raised eating bar to the family room
- Butler's pantry and formal dining room
The Paige is Copyright Stanton Homes
One Story Floorplan #9 - The Sutherland (2089 sq ft)
3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms
The Sutherland is packed with upscale design features, including:
- Formal dining room with double column entrance
- Arched cut-out openings, creative art nooks and plant shelves
- Kitchen open to vaulted family room
- Multiple trey ceilings
- Custom tile backsplashes and surrounds
- Master bath with custom tile soaking tub and walk-in-closet
The Sutherland is Copyright Alan Mascord.
One Story Floorplan #10 - The Dorset (1945 sq ft)
The Dorset is an open, inviting floor plan with soaring ceilings and zero wasted square footage.
- Large great room, directly visible from the entrance
- Formal dining room
- Vaulted breakfast room attached to the kitchen
The Dorset is Copyright Frank Betz Associates, Inc.
When you build a one story home with Stanton Homes, we can usually add a basement and it’s fairly common to add a room or two upstairs – like a game room for the kids to hang out in. Just let us know what you need, and we’ll show you how we can design and build your single story floor plan together.