2016 Parade of Homes Trends from Hillsborough Home Builders:New home builders in the Hillsborough and Chapel Hill area, inside Orange County, entered 14 homes into the Triangle Parade of Homes in 2016. These homes represent trends in new home design. What master suite trends are more builders anticipating for 2017 new homes?
Hillsborough Home Builders: Master sitting rooms, his and hers closets, closets with an island
Main Floor Master homes were the most popular floor plan layout selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Chatham County. How popular are Sitting Rooms in the Master Suite? Walk in his and hers closets? How about a second fireplace in the master bedroom?
1. Sitting Room in the Master Suite - 14% of Parade of Homes Entries by Hillsborough Home Builders
- 2 of 14 enteries by Hillsborough area Home Builders included a sitting room in the master bedroom.
- A Sitting Room in the Master Bedroom can offer a private get-away space for the owners, which can be especially nice in a multi-gen or mother in law living arrangement.
2. His and Hers Walk In Closets - 36% of Parade of Homes Entries by Hillsborough Home Builders
- 5 of 14 entries, or 36%, offered either two entirely separate closets, or a large closet that has been physically divided into two separate spaces with a wing wall or other framing technique.
- Hillsborough Area new home builders can work with the original layout of a plan to convert into two separate closet areas, if desired.
3. Closet with Island - 7% of Parade of Homes Entries by Hillsborough Home Builders
- Only one new construction home in the Hillsborough area Parade of Homes included an island in the master closet.
Here's an example of a closet with island from a Stanton Home built in the Hillsborough NC area:
4. Fireplace in the Master Suite - 0% of Parade of Homes Entries by Hillsborough Home Builders
- Fireplaces in the master bedroom were not noted on the floor plan for any Hillsborough area new home submitted as an entry in the 2016 Parade of Homes.
Here's an example of a master suite with fireplace - built by Stanton Homes in the Hillsborough NC area:
What does this trend analysis mean for homebuyers in the Hillsborough and Chapel Hill area in NC?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for in a new construction home. What kind of floor plan are YOU looking for in the master suite?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
Learn more about building a new home with Stanton Homes!
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Orange County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Orange County in Ashbury Green, Claremont South, Dunhill, Enclave on Jones Ferry, Forest Ridge, Fox Hill Farm, The Orchard, Pleasant Green Farms, Waterstone, Waterstone Terraces new home communities.