What is a Bungalow?
Bungalow Style Home Features
Bungalow style homes can be defined by many different features depending on their location (West coast, East coast, etc) and construction time period (new construction, or existing home).
Bungalow homes in North Carolina have some similiar features to craftsman style homes.
Here are some of the more common features you will find in a North Carolina new "bungalow" home - see if a bungalow home is right for you!
- One or 1.5 stories
- Roofs with a low-pitch and broad eaves
- Different types of siding, with brick and vinyl most common in North Carolina
- Front door opens to living room (with small or no foyer)
- Open concept floor plans with little wasted space (for example, bungalow homes minimize hallway square footage)
- Fewer formal areas
- Outdoor living space with large front porches, patios, decks, and/or verandas.
No two Stanton Homes are alike.
Each is a result of combining our vision and the ideas of our homebuyers with the expertise of our in-house design team. Our in-house design work comes included in our custom home packages, at no extra cost to our homebuyers.