Triangle Parade of Homes 2016 Trends:
What's the latest trend for new homes with one, two, three, and four car garages? Does a home ever not have a garage?
The Orange Chatham Durham County Parade of Homes can be a great trend indicator of the demand for the number of cars for the garage. We've analyzed the 2016 Tour data, and here's what we found:
What's Going on with New Homes in the Chapel Hill area? Number of Cars in the Garage
Two car garages were the most popular layout selected by home builders for entries available for viewing during the Triangle Parade of Homes in Chatham County.
1. Two Car Garages - 50% of Parade of Homes Entries in Orange County
- 7 homes included a 2 car garage. This is the most common garage layout. Some are side facing, and some are front facing.
2. Three Car Garages - 36% of Parade of Homes Entries in Orange County
- 5 homes included a 3 car garage.
- A 3 Car Garage has all three garage bays connected in a single row.
3. Split Three Car Garages - 14% of Parade of Homes Entries in Orange County
- 2 homes included a split 3 car garage.
- A split 3 Car Garage has one bay on one side and double bay on the other side, at right angles to each other.
- An appropriately designed split garage will allow access into both areas from the home. This can be accomplished either by including enough area inside the garage or by including an access door from the home directly into each portion of the garage. There are a few builders that do not create any access into the third bay, which can make it inconvenient to use.
4. One Car Garages - 0% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- Again, a one car garage is more common in townhomes. No homes in Orange County were featured in the Parade with a one car garage.
5. Zero Car Garages - 0% of Parade of Homes Entries in Chatham County
- This is more common in townhomes than in single family homes. No townhomes were submitted in the 2016 Parade of Homes, in Orange County, though there were entries in other counties.
Fourteen homes were submitted by new home builders as entries in Orange County in the Durham Orange Chatham Parade of Homes 2016, out of 65 total entries. Seven of these new homes are in Hillsborough, five in Chapel Hill, one in Durham (Orange County address), and one in Mebane.
What does this mean for homebuyers in Orange County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What size of garage are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Orange County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Orange County in Ashbury Green, Claremont South, Dunhill, Enclave on Jones Ferry, Forest Ridge, Fox Hill Farm, The Orchard, Pleasant Green Farms, Waterstone, Waterstone Terraces new home communities.