Master Bathroom Tub Surround Design Ideas
Raleigh Custom Home Master Baths with Tile Surround
A full tile master bath is standard in nearly every Stanton Home. Take a look at these tub surround and tile master bathroom design trends.
When selecting your new home, first find out what your builder means by a tile surround. A full tile surround should cover the tub base deck, extend downwards to the floor, and extend up the walls by a foot or so.
Some builders refer to a "tile surround" but only include a small tile border around the upper part of a full fiberglass tub.
Here are photos and ideas for a wide variety of different custom tile surrounds for soaking tubs.
This master suite bath includes a custom mini-mosaic tile tub deck.
This tile surround is sleek and elegant, topped with "bullnose" pieces, the narrow pieces with rounded edges surrounding the tub deck.
Stone and Metallic Accents
The 12"x12" tile is laid in a square pattern on the floor and set on the diagonal in a diamond pattern above the tub.
Natural stone listello and ceramic tile pieces accent the tub.
For any corner tub, a contrasting detail on the front of the tub deck is a great eye catcher.
This custom home tile tub surround design includes:
- Pencil listello accent
- Wrap around bullnose border
- Metallic medallion accents
Contrasting Colors, Patterns and Accents
- 12''x12'' tiles in contrasting, coordinating colors are cut and laid on the diagonal, for a checkerboard pattern on all vertical surfaces
- 12''12'' tiles cut and laid horizontal on all horizontal surfaces
- A wide, dark listello accent is provided by mini-mosaics in metallic tones, and is mirrored in the shower
- Contrasting monocromatic tones
This Raleigh custom home design includes:
- The listello border is featured on both the tub base and the upper surround.
- A dark 4"x4" tile set on the diagonal wraps around the base of the tub deck.
- Standard 12''x12'' tiles wrap around the tub, with bullnose tiles rounding out the edges.
This master suite bath features:
- Both 12" and 4" tiles, set in a variety of patterns
- Two different listello details
- Pinwheel pattern floor
Raleigh Custom Home Master Bathroom Trends and Ideas
Contact Stanton Homes for floor plan ideas, to get a new home cost estimate, or find out more about building a custom home in North Carolina.