How to Customize Your Floor Plan:
There are many reasons home buyers customize their favorite floor plan, including:
- Adding or removing sq ft
- Moving a room
- Changing the dimensions of a room
- Adding or removing walls
See how a few simple changes can transform the look and feel of your house plan - with example modifications in the Stilesboro plan, below.
The Stilesboro - Best Floor Plan Updates:
Here is the original Stilesboro exterior:
One of the best ways to save money on your home exterior is by starting with a slightly more conservative (but still very spacious) front porch, like in this updated Stilesboro exterior option:
See the red-line modifications of the first and second floors:
Floor Plan Modification #1: Move the Laundry Room Upstairs
When all, or most, of the bedrooms are located upstairs, you'll want to consider also moving the laundry room upstairs.
In this red-line floor plan, the laundry room takes the place of the two story foyer ceiling, which some home buyers consider "wasted space" in a floor plan.
Floor Plan Modification #2: Add a Hallway Drop Zone
By moving the laundry room upstairs, you're able to add a mudroom style drop zone off the garage.
Floor Plan Modification #3: Convert the Two Story Great Room into a Media Room
Adding a media room, in place of the two story family room ceiling, is another option to add extremely cost effective living space in this home.
Raleigh Custom Home Builder Ideas:
No matter how much you love a floor plan, there is always SOMETHING that can move, change, be added, or be eliminated to meet your dream layout, features, and style.
See a few more ways to modify your favorite floor plan, to get the exact home you're looking for:
- Want to add sq ft? See how to expand the laundry room size, add a second floor loft, and include a third floor
- Love the layout in a favorite floor plan, but the exterior just isn't your style? See how to modify your home exterior, without changing the floor plan.
- Need a second master bedroom? Here's how to add a second master suite to your existing floor plan.
- Looking for multigenerational living solutions? These plans show you how easy it can be to add a mother in law suite.
Contact Stanton Homes at 919-278-8070 or visit www.StantonHomes.com to learn more about building a new home in the Raleigh North Carolina area.