From "The Dugan" to "The Peay"
How to transform a floor plan to make it perfect for you
Everybody loves The Dugan. It's one of Stanton Homes most popular plans. And it was designed especially for the family that built it. Over and over again.
Because even when a plan is perfect for one family, it will need something different for another. Which is why the best custom builders design - and re-design - until the home you're building is perfect for you.
Here's how dramatic the changes can be when you have the flexibility to modify a plan, while retaining its integrity (by a design team that draws it up for you to visualize, even before you buy it.)
The Dugan: Wheelchair accessible MIL design
The original Dugan floor plan was custom designed and hand-crafted as a fully accessible, mother in law suite home.
The home was designed to provide an environment that flowed with open spaces:
- Open concept kitchen and great room
- Second story overlook
- Two story barrel vault foyer
- Large hardwood master suite with his-and-hers spacious bathroom,
- Front porch
- Rear screen porch.
An elevator was added to the concept, and the powder room was moved from its initial placement.
Take a video tour to see the details, inside The Dugan:
The Peay: Six bedroom custom design
The Peay is a modified version of The Dugan, with custom modifications including reversal of the floor plan layout to accomodate the shape of its homeowner's lot.
On the first floor, the design team:
- Expanded the screen porch
- Expanded the great room
- Included a walk in closet instead of a powder room/elevator combination
- Moved the fireplace to an exterior wall surrounded by windows
- Expanded laundry room, adding space around the sink
- Expanded the garage
- Enclosed the master bathroom commode room
Here is the second floor of the Dugan before custom changes:
The original second floor of the Dugan was designed to be a separate living area for the homeowner's mother, with private Living Room, Bedroom with second Master Bath, and plenty of open space.
On the second floor, the design team:
- Modified the vaulted ceiling into a two story design, adding upper windows
- Reworked the loft
- Converted the optional bonus room into a sixth bedroom
- Redesigned the bath
Take a video tour to see the details, inside The Peay: