Parade of Homes 2016 Trends for New Home Builders in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill Area:
Where is the bathroom door in split and Jack and Jill style bathrooms? How popular are multi-entrance bathrooms in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill new homes? The Parade of Homes 2016 indicates trends for kids' baths in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill new construction homes.
We've analyzed 2016 data, and here's what we found out about Split, Jack and Jill, and Princess Suite baths:
Kids Bathroom Trends in Hillsborough New Homes. Split baths, Jack and Jill baths, Princess Suites
Jack and Jill bathrooms for kids and guests are very popular in floor plan layouts selected by Hillsborough New Home Builders in the Triangle Parade of Homes in Orange County.
1. Split Baths - 7% of Parade of Homes Entries near Hillsborough NC
- 1 of 14 Hillsborough area homes had a split bath.
- A split bath is a bathroom with one entrance, but the toilet/tub area is separated with an additional door.
2. Jack and Jill Baths - 86% of Parade of Homes Entries near Hillsborough NC
- 12 of 14 homes from Hillsborough new home builders had a Jack and Jill Bath.
- A Jack and Jill bath is a bathroom that can be entered from two different rooms. The entrances can either be from two different bedrooms, from a bedroom and a hallway, or from a living area like a Game Room, and a hallway.
Here is an example of a Jack and Jill bath entrance (with doors to two bedrooms) from a Stanton Home in the Hillsborough NC area:
3. Princess Suite - 57% of Parade of Homes Entries near Hillsborough NC
- 8 of 14 homes had a secondary bedroom on the second floor with a private bath. A "Princess Suite", sometimes called a "Junior Master", might also have a walk in closet.
What does this mean for homebuyers in Orange County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today, as well as representing beautiful samples of home builders' work. What type of floor plan are YOU looking for? Need plans that have a guest bedroom, mother in law basement, or multi-generational living?
Get more information on new home pricing, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
Learn more about building a new home with Stanton Homes!
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Orange County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Orange County in Ashbury Green, Claremont South, Dunhill, Enclave on Jones Ferry, Forest Ridge, Fox Hill Farm, The Orchard, Pleasant Green Farms, Waterstone, Waterstone Terraces new home communities.