Orange County Custom Home Builders in the 2016 Triangle Parade of Homes:
So what's the latest trend for master suite layouts? We've analyzed the data, and here's what we found:
What's New in Master Bath Vanity Trends from Orange County Home Builders? Master bathroom vanities and sitting areas
Wrap around vanity, split vanities, or seating area at the vanity?
1. Split Vanities - 14% of Parade of Homes Entries by Orange County Home Builders
- 2 Orange County Parade entries, or 14%, had a split vanity design.
Here's a Chapel Hill area custom home with split "his and her" vanity design:
2. Seating Area at the Vanities - 50% of Parade of Homes Entries by Orange County Home Builders
- 7 of 14 Orange County new home entries, or 50%, had a seating area in the vanity.
- Orange County new home builders have had more requests for inclusion of a "make up" seating area in the Master Bath, between the two sink areas. This is usually placed at a slightly lower height, to allow comfortable use with a standard stool or chair. An open "window seat" style area can also be placed between the vanities, which allows separation of space.
Here's an example of what a seating area / make-up counter looks like in the master bath, from a Stanton Home in the Chapel Hill area:
3. Wrap Around Vanities - 21% of Parade of Homes Entries by Orange County Home Builders
- 3 of 14, or 21% of homes, included wrap around vanities in the master bath.
4. Standard Vanities - 14% of Parade of Homes Entries by Orange County Home Builders
- The remaining new homes included a straight vanity with two sinks, of varying lengths and with varying features (some homes featured drawers in the vanity cabinets while others did not, for instance).
What does this mean for homebuyers in Orange County?
Parade of Homes entries generally represent what builders believe homebuyers are looking for today. What kind of master bathroom floor plan are YOU looking for?
Check out hundreds of possibilities, including top-requested one story, main floor master, and two story plans, here:
These custom homes are move-in ready, or nearly available, in Chatham County. Click the address for new home cost and more information:
Learn more about building a new home with Stanton Homes!
This is representative only of the homes featured in the Parade of Homes, and not intended to be a general indicator of the Orange County new home market, though Parade of Homes can be representative of overall trends. These statistics were derived by Penny Hull from public information about Parade of Homes entries, and are copyright Stanton Homes. The statistics calculated above represent Parade of Homes entries in Orange County in Ashbury Green, Claremont South, Dunhill, Enclave on Jones Ferry, Forest Ridge, Fox Hill Farm, The Orchard, Pleasant Green Farms, Waterstone, Waterstone Terraces new home communities.